Saturday, July 3, 2010

Longest 5 minutes of my life........ arrrrggghhhhhh!!!!

I pulled the medicine bottle and read the label…. “Hydrogen Peroxide Solution” Opened the cap and poured some on the cap of the bottle. This was not some kinda syrup but a solution medicine that I had to put in my ear. I have got infection in my ear and I am having really hard time.

I lied on one side and tried to put that solution in my ear…….. tears rolled down my chick before I could put the first drop [probable due to fear]. Then I said “mard ko kabhi dard nahi hota……” and poured the solution…… and then I felt the solution directly reached my brain….. my eyes….. and everywhere….. I felt as if the solution was running in my blood…… the stopwatch had begun……. The longest 5 minutes of my life had started……

The pain was so intense that tears rolled down to my pillow….. I had to keep that solution for 5 minutes inside my ear……. I looked at the watch and I am damn sure that the hands of the watch was moving the slowest ever….. I was so angry at the watch that I wanted to break it but nope…… due to pain, I couldn’t move my hand and leg….. I closed my eyes with tears still flowing from it….. I had never experienced such type of pain and I could not make out which part was paining…. But I could not move a part of my body.

Then this bad thought started coming in my mind…… Is this the last 5 minutes of my life? Oho…. I have so much more to do….. so much more to live…… am I dying without a girlfriend?? So sad of me…. I thought about my last wish….. bike?? No… Super Computer?? No….. Farari?? No…. GF?? ummmm…… No….. Shaadi?? Ummmm……. No…. I could not make out what was my final wish. Maybe that was because of the unbearable pain.

Someone entered my room…. “Amir??” Thank god, my mother……. If my brother would see me in tears then I can’t imagine how much he will tease me….. “k bhayo?” I hardly lifted my hand and pointed at the bottle….. “ho….. headphone lagayera hineko niskeko pata……. Khub bass, treble ko kura garthis ni…… ae chora….. testo geet nasun….. baira hunchas bhaneko bujhenas? Abo bhayo hoina ta bijok?” What? What is the connection between Bullet For My Valentine’s song and my ear infection? I wanted to tell my mother but could not speak……. “Abo talai siliguri nalagi bhayena…….” Atleast that sentence was soothing and I gave an internal smile [inside my heart]…..

Mom left the room….. I looked at the watch….. it was already 5 minutes but the pain was still the same…… I looked at the bottle and remembered the day I had gone to see the doctor…… after the check up, I went to the medicine shop with the prescription list…. The shop-keeper looked at me and without looking at the list took out a huge bottle of Vitamin. I smiled….. then he started giving the medicine from the list.

After some busy moments… he pushed a heap of medicine and the list towards me….. [I wished he would forget the bill….. hahahaha] I looked at the prescription list as if I m gonna understand that. Luckily I understood the first letter of the medicine written at number 3. It read “hydrogen mmmmmm mmmmm” acting smart I asked the shopkeeper about it…. He said “oh!” and gave me this bottle…… I was proud that I witted the shop-keeper….unaware that I had added 85 Rs more to my bill….and on top of that this medicine gonna give me the longest 5 minutes of my life and also it would make a place in my FB note!!!! hahahaha. I cursed the day and the time when I asked for the medicine which is causing me so much pain.

Now its almost 10 minutes and the pain has reduced…. The only thing that’s going in my mind is to throw that bottle as far away as possible. I went out with the bottle and went to the huge rock behind our house….. I took the risk of getting scolded from my grand ma for breaking the bottle as she was watching me doing so….

I hit the bottle as hard as I could but to my astonishment it bounced…… WTF?? The bottle went inside the bush….. but I wasn't gonna spare this bottle….. I searched for about 10 minutes and finally found the bottle….. then I went straight to the toilet and flushed the medicine in the toilet. Then I said to myself….”wow! what an achievement!!” Then I came to my room…. Holding my ear with one hand….. as if it will fall any time!!! I lied in my bed and smiled at the thoughts that came to my mind in that 5 minutes …… This 5 minutes was the longest minutes of my life.....

And I wish this never comes again………….

0 comments:

Post a Comment