Friday, November 26, 2010

The day I recorded a song.....


A piece of paper fell from my copy.... a friend of mine picked it up and started reading it.... said that this can be a good song, if provided with good music and voice. I didn't cared and thought he was bluffing. He again said, he has some contacts with people of music industry. I became excited! "Why not give a try?" I thought to myself.

After some time we were in the home of one of the music director of the locality. My friend showed the poem cum song to the music director and introduced me to him. He looked me in disbelief, shrunk back his nose, narrowed his eyes, gazed at me from toe to hair..... And my condition was real bizarre.... I hate when people look at me like that! As if he was judging me for his daughter!

He read the song and thought for a while.... again looked at me and then the song... started mummbling in a low voice. After some time he smiled and sang the song completely in a nice tone. He then wrote the scales for the song and handed me the paper and said me to give a try. I sang in the same scale that he had sung. He made some calls... and gave me the address of the recording studio and told me to do some kinda voice test and send me a record. Everything was happening in a flash....

After a while we were in a recording studio. I was inside the recording room.... for the first time in life.... I saw the mic in front of me... got little nervous.... the song and scale paper in my hand was shaking.... A man came inside and said "Be calm! Take the oppurtunity" I took a deep breath and nodded my head.

I looked at the scale of the song and oops.... i forgot the scale.... I couldn't understand the signs.... The person fom outside the room signalled me to sing.... a big disc started revolving... they put their headphones in head! Thank god i was not giving an audition for the Indian Idol. But i had forgotten the scle of the song completely. I gave a last sincere look to the paper and started blushing.... Someone said... "Tato pani lyaidinuhos na..... kukhura ko masu ek plate!!" What?? what was that sound and where is it soming from?? I am inside a sound proof room.... But i didn't gave a second thought as i was so much nervous and i was doing a voice test recording....

Then i decided to sing it in my own music.... I tried to pull the mic towards me but couldn't.... Again i heard some voices... "oye pokhincha!! natana!" Who the hell is teasing me? I am gonna teach that bastar* a lesson after i finish those recording.. i assured myself. I started singing.... trying to sound as good as possible.... trying to sing from my heart! I could feel the words coming right from my heart.... so soothing voice.... I became fan of myself!

Gradually my fear dissapeared and the sentimental tone changed to rock beat..... then after sometime I thought about how i used to sing the black metal songs while taking a bath.... then i decided to sing in a black metal voice.... screaming... stressing in every word i could.... singing from throat... I gave a glance at the people outside the room and they seemed to be liking it because they were smiling honestly. As if they were ready to applause and were waiting for me to finish. I became so much happy and excited that I closed my eyes and started singing in the deepest and loudest voice possible as i was nearing the climax of the song....

But before i could finish and hear the applause.... someone started shaking me and said... "oye matis ki kya ho?" "what??" I said opening my eyes and saw i was not in recording room.... I was in mailey's bhatti... some friends around.... with kodo ko tongba in front of me... People staring at me in astonishment. "Gosh! haven't heard metal songs or what?" I thought to myself trying to act as cool as possible...."tato pani lyaidinuhos na..... kukhura ko masu ek plate!" someone said. I took a long sip from the tongba and got out of the bhatti... and realised that i had drunk enough.... and my recording day was over. I swear I have not been to that bhatti since then!!

3 comments:

  1. Damn! Even I was waiting to applause! Who the hell was the one who shook you off from this beautiful dream?! Screw him! >.<
    :P :P :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hhehehe.... If he had let me finish my recording then I would be a famous singer by now!! :P

      Delete